Jack Ma is the founder of Alibaba Group, the first Chinese entrepreneur to appear on the cover of Forbes and the richest person in China.
The charm, humble and fascinating journey founding one of the biggest companies in China should be read by every entrepreneur every morning before breakfast. We highlighted 12 of the most engaging lessons from him, enjoy.
1. “Get used to rejection.”
2. “Empower others.”
3. “Never give up. Today is hard. Tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.”
4. “Opportunity lies in the place where the complaint is.”
5. “Once in your life, try something. Work hard at something. Try to change, nothing bad can happen.”
6. “If there are nine rabbits on the ground, if you want to catch one, just focus on one.”
7. “A real businessman or entrepreneur has no enemies. Once he understands this, the sky is the limit.”
8. “Never ever do business with the government. Be in love with them, never marry them.”
9.”Today, making money is very simple. But making sustainable money while being responsible to the society and improving the world is very difficult.”
10. “You should learn from your competitor, but never copy. Copy and you die.”
11. “It’s very difficult to know the outside world, but you know yourself. You know your need and what you want. If I know myself better, I can change myself to meet the outside world.”