Steve Siebold interviewed over 1200 millionaires and wrap them up in a book of small chapters for parents to read to their kids, but also can be applied to any of us. Here are some of them and a few additions by the Valdour team:
1. Everything good is gonna take time, forget about short term investments, focus on long term.
2. Solve the needs of people. This is the most profitable business.
3. Be prepared to sacrifice most of your time and energy to build something great. But don’t forget to have fun.
4. Play elite sports to network. A lot of business is made in golf courses.
Additions by Valdour team:
5. Never use imitation as strategy. You’ll be second, which is very far from first.
6. If you are confused, ask more questions.
7. If you are stuck, ask others for help.
8. Set long term goals, work on them everyday.
9. Talk about your work, take any chance to present to help you understand it.
10 Travel as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go. (By Anthony Bourdain)
11. Your total “budget” isn’t just the cash in your bank account. It also encompasses your time, energy, talent, and attention.